Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers pregnancy

Monday, March 1, 2010

Lily's First Artwork and Red Velvet Cake

They have art time every Thursday at the library nearby. I met one of my friends there that also has a little girl just a few months older than Lily. We had fun watching all the kids in their little aprons painting with feathers. That was the project for last week. Below is Lily's masterpiece as well as how she looked when we were all done. I also including a picture of a piece of the homemade Red Velvet Cake and icing that I made for Jim while he was gone to Miami for a web conference. He was very surprised as I knew he would be and the cake was wonderful. I've never tried making one before b/c it's not my favorite cake, but Jim loves them so I thought I would give it a try. Glad I did because it even won me over. The best part was the vanilla buttercream icing I made. Yummmm!!! I will be making that again for sure!

Lily after her paint session!



Lily's beautiful artwork, which we now have proudly hanging up in the kitchen!!!

My Red Velvet Cake! Yummm!!!

No comments: