Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers pregnancy

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Napping in her "Big Girl" Bed

Today Lily napped in her big girl bed. The rail we ordered for it came in so we were actually able to put the mattress in her converted crib. For the last few days we have just had it on the floor. She has been doing great at night, but nap time has been tricky. She has been excited by this new found freedom and has been playing in her room and seeing what all she can get into instead of napping. On Sunday she did finally take a nap after being in her room for an 1 1/2 hrs, she had taken all of her blankets off her mattress and was asleep on the floor. Today she played up there for a little while, then I went back up there and got her back in her bed and she went to sleep!! Yay! Hopefully it will continue to get better. Here is a picture of her napping a few minutes before I had to get her up.

As you can see she has acquired a few new things in her bed :-)

On a side note, tonight while I was putting Lily to bed she was telling baby Emma goodnight and then she asked me if Emma was going to go to her room (Lily knows we have been working on Emma's room). I told her that's right, when Emma is born that she will go to her room. Lily thought for a second and then said, but baby Emma can't walk. I told her that's right, that me and Daddy will have to carry her until she gets older and learns how to walk. Then Lily said that when Emma is born that she is going to help her learn to walk. She said she would hold her hand and teach her to walk. :) So sweet!

3 comments:

janet said...

How exciting! Is that a rail specifically for a convertible crib? I just ordered one from Amazon & it got here yesterday. :) She is so cute in her big girl bed! I love all the things she put in the bed with her. That's really sweet too that she wants to teach Emma how to walk.

Jen said...

Yes, it's a rail that works specifically for a convertible crib. They had this one on Amazon too, but it said that it might take 1 to 2 months to get here, so I had to order it from Walmart, b/c we needed it fast!

janet said...

Oh, wow! Glad you got it fast! I didn't even think to check Walmart! I'm so glad she's doing such a good job with her big girl bed. I am nervous about switching Sophia over since she tends to drag out bedtime already! I've decided to wait a little longer before trying it. :)