Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers pregnancy

Thursday, September 24, 2009

13 Months Old Today!!!!

We have noticed so many changes with Lily these last several weeks. She is really growing into a little girl....not my little tiny baby anymore. This is definitely a very very cute stage. She now walks more than she crawls. She seems to prefer it to crawling...can't say that I blame her there! I still haven't gotten used to seeing her cute little self walking all around. It is just the most adorable little sight. Used to we could hear the pitter patter of her crawling around on our tile floor, but now with her walking we can't hear her as well and sometimes I turn around and there she is walking towards me! We can tell she very much enjoys being able to walk!!!

Her vocabulary is also expanding...she can say so many words now. She will usually try to repeat anything you ask her to. Here are some of her new words from the last couple of weeks. ball, water "wa wa", butterfly, papa, grandad, moon, yellow, exercising, and any other word that she hears us say that sounds fun to her. We went for a walk yesterday evening, it wasn't quite 7, so it was still light out but the moon had come up, there wasn't very much of it to see since it was a crescent moon......I hadn't even noticed it. She pointed up to the sky and said moon. I was impressed especially since I do not believe Jim or myself have ever pointed the moon out to her in the sky. We've only talked about it in books....but she knew exactly what it was. She is also very good at letting us know what she wants and doesn't want. Which helps us out alot!!

Lily got her fitted for her first pair of big girl shoes this week. She still goes barefoot most of the time around here, but w/ her walking now I knew she would need a good pair of shoes for when we are out and about. They are very flexible she can walk good in them! Lily also went to her first playgroup last week and we both had fun, she also went to her first story time at the library. She liked that alot too! This is such a fun fun age!!!!! Each day is a surprise...she is learning so much!!

She likes to stand on her head like this and wave at me! :) Then she loves it when I join in and do the same thing!


Lily's new shoes!

Danger, Danger!

Daddy and Lily last Sunday when we went to Church w/ Granny Faye and Papa Greg

1 comment:

April said...

I love her in that dress!