Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers pregnancy

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Good Little Talker

In the last few weeks Lily's vocabulary has definitely been growing. Some of her new words are bye bye, hey, uh-oh, shoes, dog, banana, baby, and wow! She can also identify these parts of her body: head, hair, eyes, ears, nose, mouth, hands, fingers, feet, toes, knees, belly button, and teeth. Yesterday I was showing her a new candle that I had just bought and I asked her if she would like to smell it and she put her nose to it and started sniffing it....which I thought was very good since I have never asked her to smell anything before, but she knew just what to do. Also over the last few days she has started taking more steps on her own. She had stopped for awhile only wanting me or Jim to walk around with her....but lately I have seen her taking steps when she doesn't realize I'm watching.

We had a very BIG SCARE this evening. We had something cooking in the oven. Lily had wandered into the kitchen and neither Jim or I were in there. I was on my way over that way when I heard her fall down, she wasn't crying but I wanted to make sure she was alright. As I round the corner I see that the oven door is open.....I think my heart stopped....she must have stood on her tiptoes and reached the oven door handle and pulled on it w/ her weight and as it opened it knocked her over. As I was going in there she was about to get up and she was just a second away from grabbing the inside of that hot oven door when I saw what was happening. Needless to say I so glad I went in there when I did b/c I do not want to think about how bad it could have been. I am so thankful God kept my little girl safe!!

This is a video of her being cute a couple of Sunday's ago while eating her yogurt.




At the end of this video you can hear her say "No" and shake her head. That is one of the cutest things she does.